Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Get together with @mszenzest, magazine work and @iheartjasmin 's b-day

Hello fierces!!!

A huge apology for not updating due to lots of work in the office. This post is quite very late but nevertheless kuwento akesh!

Last July 4, ZenZest founder and President Michelle Fontelera invited the fierces to come to Glorietta to visit the ZenZest store. I knew Michelle way back when I interviewed her for an Ever Bilena story (see the link to Living the Zen Life below)  and how coincidence that her younger sister Carla was a former classmate of mine back in Miriam Grade School. :)

When I arrived, the Fierces were already having photos of Divine outside of the store. I gave my greetings to Michelle and was asked to choose a bottle of perfume (I chose Thistle) which was distributed with a ZenZest gift pack during the dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I also catch up some conversation with the group most notably Fifi as I have been seeking alot of fashion styling questions for my articles in the magazine. As much as I love fashion, it is a huge comfort to seek one who is really knowledgeable about the trends. I also met Sal who I really became fond of since we were discussing alot of things from fashion to relationships to personal advice.

Going back to ZenZest, Michelle shared her story how she started the business. She was always into colognes and perfumes way back when she was young and after graduating from La Salle University, she decided to make her own concoctions starting at the family's kitchen. She told everyone that she was doing it all from the cooking to packaging with help from her family and do the delivery and join bazaars. ZenZest formally started in a small stall in MegaMall and today is one of the most affordable and booming businesses with stalls and stores all over the country. As with her personal life, Michelle is a mother of two and happily married to Sunday Fontelera. I encourage the Fierces to buy the Go Negosyo book on Women entrepreneurs where you can read more about Michelle and ZenZest's story. :)

It was also during the get together that we also celebrated Jasmin's birthday. Unknown to our Fierce organizer, we were secretly talking to one another (led by Jencee) to chip in for a birthday cake. Imagine Jas's surprise when John came in with the cake followed by another cake from Michelle. We were like paparrazi taking photos of the event hehehe. ;)


The ZenZest store in Glorietta

Divine arriving in a white Grecian dress and yes from a taping.

Surprise!!! John Rufo hands Jasmin the birthday cake we all chipped in for her.

Jas with her two birthday cakes. One from the Fierces and the other from Ms. ZenZest herself. :)
Strike a pose ang apat L-R: Fifi, Sal, Lavern and Yanyan ;)
Parang artista si Jas that day hahaha :D

Yours truly with Divine. I'm glad I really met this girl :)

Me, Mel and Divine Carrmelo :)



Sal and Ms ZenZest Michelle Fontelera


The group with Divine and Michelle. We were given gift packs that day.

On another note, I am busy closing the pages of the magazine I am in charge with as senior writer. I have never been excited so much. The opportunity that I have now has opened alot of doors and as I mentioned before, I will take it one day at a time learning everything and absorbing it like a sponge.  I really can't wait to share the magazine with everyone once it comes out.

Special mention to Sal Fife-Garcia for the photos.

For Michelle's story from the Philippine Star --http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=512956&publicationSubCategoryId=89

Bye for now!!

Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment