Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Fierces at Fashion Week, Divine crowns two new becky and fierce royals and gay rights

Okay,

As much as I have been trying to bug the other fierces to write, it looks like I'll have to be the one to do this for the meantime dahil hindi ko alam kung nahihiya sila or what. Nevertheless, I hope some of them will contribute and share their thoughts as I've mentioned in the past that this is their blog and I just started the ball rolling for them.

To start things, a group of the Fierces lead by Jasmin and Jencee trooped to MOA last night to show support to Kermit Tesoro's fashion collection. Now for those living under the rock (at sana wala naman haha!), Kermit is one of the well-known experimental designers of today. His clothes have been worn by Lady Gaga and last year, he collaborated with artist Leeroy New for one of Gaga's outfits that was featured in her album cover. Kermit is actually a favorite designer of Divine and she actually collaborates with him in many of her outfits, even helping him in the business side of fashion.

Here are photos from Divine's blog (www.divinemlee.com) showing Gaga wearing one of Kermit's creations. But as our dear mother Becky would like to boast, she was the first to wear it. Haha!

 Gaga arriving in Kermit's armor.
 Kermit's armor as photographed.



 Divine wearing Kermit in the April issue of Preview Magazine (Fact: We surprised Divine when this issue came out because the Fierces were able to get a copy ahead before its release.)


Moving on, Twitter was buzzing a few hours ago when Georgina Wilson defended Xtinasuperstar against someone who called Xtina a gender bender model. Now for those who are unfamiliar with Xtina, she is a good friend of Divine and a becky who happens to be one of Kermit's muses.  With this, Divine has officially appointed Georgina as the becky princess and Liz Uy as the becky empress. I am not sure if this was for the fun of it but as many of the fierces love Georgina and Liz, we welcome them to the group. I am actually going to convince Divine to set up an interview with the two soon because they are fierces in the own right.

Now going back to the issue of gay rights, many of us know how passionate Divine is about this. It is a fact that there is still discrimination on the LGBT group and this is what she is trying to stop. Alot of us in the group have become advocates of equal rights and while I do have my own opinions, I believe discriminating people should be stopped. It is easier said than done considering how are minds have been shaped by the people around us but individually, we can make a change and that change is by accepting who they are. I happen to have alot of good gay friends and I respect them. I even ask help in make-up and clothes because trust me, they are the best to go to for consultations. One of those who I respect is make-up artist Jigs Mayuga who I know is an advocate of equality for the LGBT and a good make-up artist. since meeting him, I have so much respect and yes, if his last name is familiar, he is the son of the retired admiral Mateo Mayuga.


So whether you are gay, straight, bisexual or whatever, respect yourself and respect others. Intrigues and challenges are part of life and it all up to you how to fight back and come out stronger than ever.

Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment