Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Acceptance...

It's been six months since that day I said goodbye to my old office. While I now enjoy a new career in a magazine publishing firm, I won't deny that it's still hard to accept that I can't go back simply because a mistake I made caused all of it.

Photo from acceptancequotes.com
Accepting the painful truth was the hardest of all. In any bad or sad moment, it takes time before one accepts the reality. There is no time machine to go back to the past and fix it but, only the days ahead of you to pick up yourself, move on and learn from it.

In two days, I turn a year older, entering 30. My youngest brother told me that at this stage, I should know by now what I want. Back then, I always said I wanted to be a journalist and I got that when I started working in GMA 7 until I went to the Phil Star and to my current job as a senior writer for a magazine. But a day after watching Ateneo Blue Rep's production of 13 the Musical, a part of me sudden emerge wanting to perform on stage just even for the last time. I don't know if meeting Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo a few months ago also helped but her words of loving your passion struck me since theater is also my passion.

I don't know what lies next for me in the following days but I came across my old music sheets and tried to follow the notes as I sang. I'll be doing the ultimate test and see for myself if I still have it in me. I admit that I'm nervous and scared but accepting the challenge has always been part of the plan to know if it's meant to be.

Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment