Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The onion and thick skin around ourselves


It has often been said that there are two types of people in this world; the good and the bad. Going further , there are the onion skin and the thick skin type.

The term onion skin has been used for defining people who are emotional and easily break down in peer pressure. Thick skin on the other hand is describe by those who just shrug off the negative issue and go on with their lives despite the harsh criticism they get.
Emotional means onion skin. Photo courtesy of pbase.com


Between the two, I believe I'm in the middle of both although 55 percent would be onion skin simply because I get pissed or cry easily. But the past months have also taught me to increase the thick skin that of an alligator or crocodile to survive life. It's been a roller coaster ride as I saw myself fall down flat facing the endless possibilities of not having a job that I will love. But months after that dark moment, here I am, a senior writer for a magazine and heading a publication I have lack of knowledge.

Nevertheless, I took on the challenge and decided to focus and redeem myself of what I lost. While I can never go back, the work I now have is opening lots of doors for me to learn the world of medicine and health. It just gave me the chance to finally join the publishing industry full-time unlike before when I was just contributing.

In this world you have to develop thick like that of an alligator. Photo courtesy of animalprintwalls.com
So whenever you feel like an onion skin, just think on the positive side. From there you build the onion until it becomes thick without you knowing it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment